APPRECIATION OF ART

 




   This is Dragon Sculpture by Hung Yi. It is in New Taipei City in Taiwan and was finished in 2018. I love every aspect of it. From the color to the shape, to me, it seems like it radiates some "psychadelic energy" and I very much enjoy that and hope to see it one day. The main two artistic elements that I see in this beautiful piece by Yi are the contrast of colors and the form taken by this sculpture, with the flowing curves of the body blending together. I like how the contrast of so many colors makes this an immediate eye-catcher, added to the already large and eye-catching nature of the sculpture. If I could own a copy of this it would be amazing, I would put it in front of my house one day. I really like the brightness, or high value, of this work of art, and how you could not miss it even if you tried. Yi really did an amazing job making the lines flow together in the pattern, and the 3D shape is smooth and even, allowing the entire sculpture to flow from nose to tail. 

Comments

  1. Something that I really appreciate about this piece is the juxtaposition between the very colorful sculpture and the sleek, uniform buildings behind it. I find that this is common in large cities- very colorful, oftentimes large sculptures are present in every large city that I have been to. I believe that this is done to create a sense of atmosphere and personality in the city.

    What I also really like is the way that line is used to exaggerate the physical form of the sculpture. This is very clearly seen on the pink wavy portions on the front of the sculpture. The curling lines make those pieces stand out, as they follow the silhouette of the sculpture.

    I also like that while the sculpture uses a lot of bright colors, they are all similar in intensity. This helps all of the colors appear harmonious to the eye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This huge sculpture is such an eye catcher for sure. I can really appreciate all the detail that went into this piece of work. Very interesting for sure. Not often in large cities do you find very vibrant sculptures as this one, and the background of the city really does make this work pop for sure. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The amount of detail put into this piece is incredible. It doesn't feel busy at all, but every time I look at it I notice something new. Its setting is very interesting too, the sculpture's very colorful and rounded design contrasts amazingly against the angular design of the infrastructure surrounding it. It wouldn't look too out of place in an amusement park or similarly colorful background, but contrasting against the very corporate background gives it an amazing surreal feeling.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Art and Scientific Discovery in the 1700’s